Saturday, January 29, 2022

[theqoo KDrama] Rookie Cops Ep 1&2


T/N: theqoo has a lot of what they call 'categories'. There's some very specific ones (like for a group or artist), and there's also some bigger, more general ones (like for Kpop or K-Beauty as a whole). What I'm translating from is from a category for dramas, movies and actors/actresses. I have denoted it with an extra 'KDrama' in the title of my post. Unlike the hotposts I usually translate where there's one 'newsworthy' post with a lot of comments, in these other categories, it's more like a free-for-all discussion board. So, it's a lot of post with just a few comments, and as such this translation post is probably going to look really messy... I don't know what the best way to organize this will be, and it might change in the future too. Hope it's not too hard to follow along... Suggestions are welcome!

Almost forgot, SPOILERS AHEAD!

[XThe opening is made really well ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 
It's bright ㅋㅋ

[X] Chae Soobin is so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 

[X] Kang Daniel's acting
is ok though..? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1. He's natural and ok ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. He's a total newbie, but it's fascinating that he isn't awkward ㅋㅋ

[X] I've been watching for 20 minutes, and to this point, it's fun ㅋㅋㅋ
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] How's RC?
Is it fun?

1. I've watched 30 minutes, and it's fun ㅋㅋㅋ
3. I had no expectations, but it's fun.
6. I like that it's a light watch.

[X] RC seems fun.
The characters are all distinct and fun ㅋㅋㅋ

2. It's more fun than I expected.

[X] Sorry, but the harsh training is fun.
Shin Yeeun is pitiful though.

2. Me too. I'm sorry to the actors too, but it's fun ㅋㅋ

[X] For the first episode, things breezed by well.
Usually when I watch a drama, I can't concentrate well during episodes 1-2. There's a lot of instances where I get distracted during the character and setting explanations with other dramas.

[X] The time flew by in Ep 1. When the main romance starts,
I'll probably get even more into it.

[X] For Kang Daniel to think this will be his last youth drama,
he still looks so young ㅋㅋㅋ He can do more of them ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I watched the first episode - am I the only one who found it fun? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I wish they release all at once ㅜㅜ

1. It's fun for me too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. I find it fun too ㅋㅋ I watched the second episode right away.
11. I going for the second episode immediately too ㅋㅋ
13. I was going to decide whether to keep on watching after the first episode, but it's really quite ok so I'm in the midst of watching the second episode now.
14. It's fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] The second episode is better than the first.
I watched it all just now, and it's definitely more fun with the 8 of them all together at the university.

1. Me too. The judo class was so funny.
2. It's slowly getting more fun ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I watched it all, and it's not bad for a light watch ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
But why's it thrilling at the end ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] The Roommates are so funny.
They'll probably cause a lot of trouble as things go on ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I watched up to the second episode, and I'll probably keep on watching ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I like all the characters ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. It's fun with the 8 of them all together ㅋㅋㅋ All the fuss they kick up is totally my style ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] RC is fun ㅋㅋㅋ
Why doesn't D+ release it all at once ㅠㅠ And the opening is so cute.

[X] This is totally a youth drama ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
It'll probably get even more fun as we see more of them together. I think I'll keep on watching.

4. It's a youth drama that's a light watch ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's like a sitcom + thriller.
7. Me too. There were moments here and there that made me laugh so much.
8. Yeah, it's fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I hope they go around stealing more food to eat ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. The pace is really fast, I love it.

[X] I love how it's a youth drama that's a perfect light watch.
Cute.

3. It's light and fun. I'm going to keep on watching.
5. I love things like this. In D+ too, I only watch this kind of shows. It's my style.

[X] I think Kang Daniel chose this drama well.
Police uniforms? Training outfits? He suits them so well ㅎ

1. For a light start, he chose well ㅋㅋ
2. Yeah, I like it when he wears his hat ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Watching, it made me think
'Is It Delicious Ramyun' - is it delicious? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ (T/N: That's the name of the ramyun they stole)

1. It is good ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Chae Soobin is so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
She looks so cute.

[X] I like the opening video.
It feels fresh.

3. I usually skip the opening, but I watched it because it's cute ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I watched the first episode ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
The beginning of the drama started all mysteriously, but in one episode, they introduced each and every character in a way that allowed you to grasp their personalities. And the incidents are paced well with good speed, so it makes you curious of the next episode. And it seems like there will be a lot of good OSTs in the drama. The cute opening was good, and I liked the ending song too.

[X] Wi Seunghyun says that he doesn't get involved in other's business, but he gets involved in everything.
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ In the end, he helps Go Eungang find the culprit.

1. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He said he's tsundere.
2. He's quietly a real busybody ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. He's a Wi-sybody ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Just because Seunghyun is the top student, doesn't mean he's good at everything.
He's always there when they're getting punished for getting something wrong ㅋㅋ He only didn't doze off during lectures. 

[X] Seeing the character intros at first, I thought Wi Seunghyun would be completely straight-laced,
but he's just like the rest of them ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's right there when they're causing trouble.

[X] I saw this in another post, but Wi-sybody is perfect ㅋㅋ
Seunghyun involves himself in everything.

[X] Kang Daniel's role isn't a character that's cold and doesn't laugh?
Isn't he just a babo? He's so cute.

1. But he smiles a lot ㅋㅋ
4. He's not at all ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's rather heodang (T/N: It means clumsy, but with a positive connotation, can be said with affection.)
6. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's a heodang on top of being a busybody. He must only be good at studying.

[X] I watched and
it feels like I'm seeing Kang Daniel's face for the very first time. He looks like a completely different person than who I've seen on TV - I think this is an advantage for him. Honestly, there's some awkward moments in his acting, but it's worth watching. And his voice is nice too ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Kang Daniel's face
is really pale, even when they were training ㅋㅋㅋ It's fascinating that you don't see any of his stage persona at all. And his face looks different in every scene, what's up with that.

6. He has the kind of face that will make a complete image change when he hits around mid-thirties. I'm curious in a good way.
7. He'll look like a puppy, then a human, then back again. He's like that.

[X] I love that I'll be able to lightly watch whether it's the investigations or the romance.
It seems like it'll be investigations fitting of 20, 21 year olds ㅋㅋㅋ 
And it's cute seeing them banter back and forth between the two of them ㅋㅋㅋ
I don't know if it'll get heavier as things develop, but it seems like it'll be a fun youth romance drama, so I'm enjoying watching. Looking forward to next week ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I think it'll be even more fun starting next week.
I enjoyed watching this week too, but for youth dramas, it's definitely the most fun when all the characters are together ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It'll be fun to watch the mischief they get into as they get closer to one another.

[X] I love the OSTs too.
I watched the MV released today, and the song is so good.
I like the opening too, and the songs in between - those will be released too, right?
I really like the OSTs.

[X] But to call Seunghyun a busybody, he's kind of too cool.
He only says something after holding it in, and the things he says are totally right too. And he even helped a classmate that he didn't have a good impression of.
And he likes the FL first too ㅋㅋㅋ
How tsundere is he going to be to Eungang ㅋㅋ

And, since he has this kind of personality, it seems like that's why Seunghyun is the only person that Tak opens up to. It seems like things will get complicated later on, my heart already hurts for them.

[X] I've watched it, and the pace is quite fast.
There's nothing frustrating so far, and up to the 2nd episode the pace is refreshing good. It seems like it'll be a good drama to accompany meals.

[X] I'm already looking forward to when Seunghyun starts to like Eungang.
I love the cliche trope of haters-turned-lovers.

[X] Whenever it feels like someone is listening in, without fail,
Wi-sybody appears ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I watched episodes 1 and 2, and it's fun.
The ML seems do be doing fine, and I watched without realizing time was passing. But why's there no preview.

[X] Chae Soobin is so lovely in the drama.
How can she be so loveable?

[X] I like all 8 of the students in RC.
The characters are all cute and loveable ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Their chemistry is good.

[X] I'm watching RC now, and the opening is so Disney.
The opening is like watching a Disney-esque Korean film. And the FL is totally pretty.

[X] Personally, the thing I like about Wi Seunghyun.
When he said that wrist-grabbing is considered violence too, I clapped like crazy.
I personally really hate how in dramas, they present grabbing a woman's wrist to pull her along, as something that is manly.
Wi Seunghyun spoke up well! ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I don't know anyone other than Chae Soobin, Kang Daniel and Park Yoona.
But after having watched up to the second episode, the casting is really perfect.
Personally, Shin Ari and Yoo Daeil catch my eye.

[X] I watched the first episode while eating lunch, and it's fun.
For the second episode, I'll have to watch later during dinner! And it seems like I'm enjoying watching even more because I'm fond of the ML too? And I liked the last scene when Seunghyun and Eungang come across each other. Start your loveline quickly, you two. I'm impatient. This kind of refreshing, cute drama is my style too ㅋㅋ

[X] Do you want Doldolie to get together quickly?
(T/N: Doldolie means lint roller, and refers to KDN/WSH and CSB/GEG, because they're such puppies that it's like their fur is flying about.)
I hope it gets dragged out a bit ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1. Their bantering is fun too ㅋㅋㅋ But their chemistry is already fun. I'm looking forward to it.
2. I hope it gets dragged out a lot. I'm the type to get bored once couples get together.
3. I want to see Seunghyun's one-sided crush for a long time ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I love Chancellor's OST so much.
It's been on repeat since yesterday...

[X] Am I the only one that wants Seunghyun to have a hard time because of his one-sided crush?
I want to see Doldolie be cute together, but I also want to see Seunghyun get frustrated because of his feelings for Eungang ㅋㅋㅋ

1. Of course, he has to suffer. I want to see him cry.
2. You have to suffer for a one-sided crush, of course.

[X] The Roommates are all crazy.
Wi Seunghyun is the top student, but he's crazy as a heodang.
Seo Bumjoo is quietly crazy.
Kim Tak is crazy as he uses his body.
Yoo Daeil is just plain crazy.

[X] It seems like Seunghyun is going to like Eungang faster than I thought.
I'm guessing the 4th episode.

1. I think he'll like her around that time too. But she'll take her time.