Monday, February 7, 2022

[theqoo KDrama] Rookie Cops Ep 3&4

 

SPOILERS AHEAD!

[X] I just watched up to Ep 4.
It's so fun ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅜㅜㅜ

[X] It's getting more fun with every episode.
How am I going to wait another week ㅜ

[X] Am I the only that likes Professor Cha?
His way of teaching is good too.

[X] In Ep 3, when Seunghyun goes, "I affirm that I~"
wasn't it so cool?
The directing and acting, it was all so good for this part.

2. I especially loved his gaze ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[X] Why did I choke up watching this drama?
When they were going on about injustice, I teared up. The music director is doing such a good job.

[X] For Seunghyun to be considered dressed normally for his blind date,
aren't his shoes too new ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] At the end of Ep 4,
 it's Ddo Seunghyun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ (T/N: 'Ddo' means again. It's referring to how Seunghyun is always popping up everywhere, 'there he is again!')
I'm not even surprised now ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. ㅋㅋㅋ I get sad if he doesn't appear now ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ddo Seunghyun ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] But what was released today
wasn't it really more fun?
The pace is fast and the content is like that too. I enjoyed watching last week's too, but this week's was even more fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ And it'll probably get even more fun when they get closer to one another.

[X] But Hanna was really chomping down on the chicken at the back ㅠ
My heart hurt for her ㅠ

1. But it was two pieces ㅠㅠ And that makes it more sad ㅠㅠㅠ

[X] Chae Soobin is really pretty here.
In Ep 4 when she was looking at her sunbae in the library, she was really pretty there ㅠㅠ

[X] In the 'Injustice' scene, Eungang was going to go back down, but Seunghyun
recited it right at that moment - it was so cool.

[X] At the end of Ep 4, when Seunghyun looks up because Ari said Go Eungang's name,
it looks like he already likes her. The pacing is so fast.

[X] In the part about the 'Injustice', honestly Wi Seunghyun's acting
was good.
I think he did a good job at that part.

[X] My weakness when it comes to this kind of drama ㅠㅠ
Is that when backstories of the characters get shown, I embrace all of them as my own ㅠㅠㅠㅜ

[X] The leads, don't go smiling at each other as you eat custard buns.
It's heart-fluttering.

[X] It's clear that for developing feelings, Seunghyun is first ㅋㅋ
But who will confess first ㅋㅋㅋ

1. Eungang might go first ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Eungang and Seunghyun can't help but to end up together.
Even though their way of expressing themselves is different, their core values are the same.

[X] Each episode really feels like it's only 30 minutes long.
The pacing is so fast, without things getting unnecessarily dragged out.

[X] Isn't the the actress playing Shin Ari really cute?
She's so cute.

[X] Isn't the ML Hermione?
He's always watching over, no matter where.

[X] My heart already hurts thinking about Seunghyun and Tak fighting..
I love how chaotic they are right now ㅠ

[X] As we get more of The Roommates' back stories, and they all get closer to one another,
when the drama ends, I'll really feel like I'm the one that's graduating.
I'm really completely too invested ㅠㅠ

[X] RC is so fun.
The custard part was crazy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It was so heart-fluttering ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] The most memorable scene.
"I affirm that I will be an honest and honourable KNPU student who will not give in to injustice."
The part where they all recited this together.

[X] Did Seunghyun do the flying kick himself?
It was really good, but the face passed by so fast, I couldn't tell.
But with the leg length, it seems like it was the real him ㅋㅋ He said he worked hard on the stunts, and the actions scenes as a whole are good.

[X] Should I buy a stock in Tak-Ari?
They look good together.

[X] Watching RC, it's like my heart is growing cotton candy.
It's so sweet and soft, and makes me happy.
Ha, I'm going to have to enjoy it while I can.
Soon enough, it's going to be heartbreaking ㅜ ㅜ

[X] Wi Seunghyun's blue bracelet, it doesn't have special meaning, right?
I especially caught my eye today.

[X] The pacing as a whole is really fast, but won't the confession be a little slower? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
It will be super obvious that Seunghyun likes her,
but since dating isn't allowed, he doesn't confess,
and then Eungang gets frustrated and confesses first instead ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] One thing for sure, when Doldolie start dating,
even the vending machines will know.

2. It'll be a secret to only the two of them ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] But I really love Daeil ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
He's so cute.

[X] In all of Seunghyun's character descriptions and background settings, it made him seem like he'd be some sort of 'perfect man',
but why's he so cute ㅋㅋㅋ

2. He's just like a 21 year old ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] In the library, I was wondering if Seunghyun would help Eungang up ㅋㅋㅋ
But he doesn't ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. Don't forgot - he introduces himself as Wi Seunghyun, someone has no interest in other people's business ㅋㅋ

[X] Is there not going to be a scene of Seunghyun with the sunbae Eungang likes?
I hope they stare each other down....

2. I don't know about staring each other down, but there will be a scene where he gets reduced to nothing...

[X] It was also realistic for the Cult Girls to target university students ㅋㅋㅋ
I've had that happen to me in front of my school when I was a freshman.

1. Me too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ In my first year.

[X] Doldolie have no choice but to end up together.
Honestly, for the both of them, they're the style that's really tiring if they're around you.
Their directions are the same, it's just their methods that are different.
If Eungang charges forward first,
and then Seunghyun wraps it all up - it's so perfect ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I have friends like them.
With every little thing, I tire myself out trying to stop them.

1. ㅋ Wi-sybody and Go! Eungang ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Seeing things like how he's a top student, I thought the ML would be some sort of cold perfectionist,
but he's just a cute busybody ㅋㅋ
And it's so cute how he wore new shoes to his blind date.

5. He's even more charming than what I thought he'd be when I saw the character descriptions ㅋㅋㅋㅋ So cute.
7. He's be cute one moment and then heodang in the next. He's so charming,

[X] In the party after the orientation, Ki Hanna
eating the chicken by herself in a corner made my heart hurt for her ㅠ ㅠ
I hope she gets close to the others soon.
She was so cute and pretty eating the popsicle with Detective Kang ㅜ ㅜ

1. But I liked how she was really chomping down on the chicken ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. I like that the female characters have strong mentalities. When Eungang was getting disciplined too, she still ate well, and Hanna was real diligent in eating her chicken.

[X] Can I buy a Tak-Hanna stock?
They're both really strong characters, but that's what makes it fun.

[X] But the more I see him, the more Kang Daniel doesn't seem like Kang Daniel.
Since I've only ever see him as an idol, I thought it'd just be like an acting Kang Daniel. But fascinatingly, I see him as Wi Seunghyun.
With that being said, to me, it's still not like I think he's absolutely amazing at acting or something, but it's so fascinating that I don't think of Kang Daniel and that he seems like Wi Seunghyun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1. Even though I know the real him, he doesn't seem like Kang Daniel.
4. Yeah, I just see him as Wi Seunghyun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. As it goes on, his acting is definitely getting better too. The drama is so much fun ㅋ

[X] It makes sense that Seunghyun would like Eungang.
For Seunghyun, even when there are issues that he doesn't agree with, he takes action after thinking and debating it for a long time.
But Eungang throws herself into things right away, so it seems like that's something that would move his heart.

[X] There's no need for CCTVs at KPNU.
Since there's Wi Seunghyun ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. Wi-CTV

[X] I really love the directing.
Scenes that could be cringey come out looking pretty and cool.
Especially the 'not giving in to injustice' scene.
For this kind of scene, it can feel childish if it's done wrong,
but it wasn't like that at all, and was moving instead.

4. Yeah, I like the directing as well. On top of that, the music director is good too.

[X] I love all the female characters.
Not a single one of them is the style that relies on others.
They're all strong.

3. The drama has great characters. They all have such distinct personalities.
4. Even Ari, who I thought would be stuck up, isn't like that at all, but is really cute instead.

[X] The pacing is so fast.
And that makes it more fun.

[X] Give us more scenes of Seunghyun and Tak.
There actually aren't many scenes of just the two of them. They're roommates, give us a lot.

[X] I keep on thinking about Seunghyun smiling as he eats his custard bun.
This is a scene that's already been shown in the trailers, but after seeing it in context, why is my heart fluttering more? ㅋㅋ

[X] When Seunghyun calls after someone,
he doesn't go grabbing their wrist - I love that.
Instead, he runs like crazy to stop them ㅋㅋㅋ

3. He does that, but if you tell him to get out of the way, he does just move ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. This is so Seunghyun-like.

[X] I think I know the reason why Seunghyun is opening himself up to Eungang.
Firstly, the two of their values are the same.
But when Seunghyun needs to take the time to think things through again,
Eungang just does it ㅋㅋ
Whether she gets flack, punished or hurt for it.

1. Yeah, she probably looks cool in Seunghyun's eyes ㅋㅋ
2. The two of them have the same destination, it's just their speed that's different. One charges forth first, and the other wraps everything up. They match well and can come to depend on one another.

[X] I love how Eungang doesn't hold back.
She was like that when she found out Ari was the one put the USB in her jacket, and she was like that when she found up Hanna was the culprit. I like how she doesn't hold back, and tells them that they were wrong ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Kang Daniel uses his body well and has good expressions too.
His gaze is good, and he's doing a good job acting as Wi Seunghyun too.
I'm warming up to him ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. He's especially good at action scenes. I was surprised.
3. He's definitely getting better as the episodes pass. He's catching my eye, it's fascinating.
4. He's just totally Wi Seunghyun.
9. I'm warming up to his as Seunghyun, and just not as the idol. I like his gaze, and he's good at action scenes too.

[X] Up to Ep 4, I'm liking the script, directing and music, and for the actors,
Kang Daniel and Chae Soobin were casted well as the leads,
but the other 6 are doing such a good job too. All 8 characters are really all so distinct.

1. For real, the casting is perfect.

[X] Later on, Daeil might even do something huge regarding Tak hyung's incident.
When they were folding the envelopes in the bathroom, he said this:
"If I work on a cold case from a long time ago, wouldn't I be able to meet Detective Lee Jaehan?"

'A cold case from a long time ago.'
In the drama introductions, there was something about solving the mysterious death of a KPNU student from 10 years ago.
I'm counting on you, Daeil.

[X] I'm fine with everything except the lack of previews.
Seriously, we need to have a preview tomorrow.... I'm ok with getting 2 episodes a week ㅋㅋㅋㅋ We can have fun making all sorts of silly predictions.

[X] Doesn't it seem like the drama is going to get even more fun later on?
I'm satisfied with the quality of Ep 3&4, but content-wise, the latter half is probably going to be so much more fun.

[X] Are the nicknames of our leads Wi-sybody and Go Straight? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Those are nicknames that make you understand the characters right away ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Our drama really seems to use music well.
Whether it's sound effects or inserting music here and there, it's done perfectly.
The OSTs are all good too.

 (T/N: It's my goal to do these translation posts for the drama every week, but I'm unfortunately really busy during its airing, so I don't know how well that will pan out... There has also been a significant increase in the number of posts about the drama compared to last week! It makes it super hard for me to keep up, but it's a lot of fun, so I'll try my best to translate.)