Tuesday, February 15, 2022

[theqoo KDrama] Rookie Cops Ep 5&6

 

SPOILERS AHEAD
(T/N: To keep it easier to read (and for my own convenience), I won't be including the photos that are in the posts. If you want to see them, please click on to the original post!)

[X] I'm looking at the photo Seunghyun took again, and I'm crying.
It's so ridiculous ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. It's be harder to take a photo like this, Seunghyun-ah ㅠㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. If a passing puppy were to take a photo with their paw, it'd still be around that level ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. Is it Getty Images ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] How many subplots are there in one episode ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They don't even give you a chance to get bored.
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ So funny.

[X] I finished watching Ep 5, and it's was so fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋ But Kang Daniel's acting has improved again from Ep4.
Watching the pool hall scene, he uses his body well. And his expressions and delivery has improved too.
And, of all the people I've seen that look like puppies, he looks the most like one. From the cutely drooping eyes, to the moist nose ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Ep 5 was really so much fun, there was no chance to get bored ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'm starting Ep 6 now!!

3. His acting really getting better as the episodes go on ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. He's so cute and tiny, but when they show a full body shot, it's heart-fluttering ㅋ

[X] I love how fast our drama's pacing is.
When something frustrating happens, it gets resolved right way.

[X] So Seunghyun was sad because Eungang chats with him no problem.
Haa, so cute ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[X] I like that even though Uhm~ Hyuk Sunbae is scary, he's fair.
So cool.

[X] I'm dying ㅠ Ah I love it.
ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ How am I going to wait for next week.

1. We're dying here, Disney ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. His voice is so warm.

[X] Our ML character is so cool.
His actions, as well as what he says.
He was raised so well.

[X] When Seunghyun was teaching Eungang how to shoot, my heart raced too.
The preview didn't show his whispering in his low voice ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
I got sucked right in all of a sudden.

[X] Seunghyun and Tak have different charms, but I love them both.
My heart flutter for the first time in a long time while watching. I love it ㅌㅋㅋ

1. They're total polar opposites, but their chemistry is so good ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. For real, both the strawberry scene and shooting scene were heart-fluttering.

[X] Ep 3&4 were more fun than Ep 1&2, but
Ep 5&6 are even more fun than Ep 3&4 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
The main case and their relationship hasn't even started, and it's already this fun.

[X] The good thing about our drama
is that the parts the are shown in the previews, don't go the way we expect it to - it's fun.
"Wait a sec, that's how that goes??"ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

But the end of Ep 6 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

1. Why was that the only thing we got right.

[X] For the shooting scene, I already saw so much of it in the preview and all the edits fan made, that I thought that's pretty much all it'd be
but the actual broadcast is totally different, in a good way.

[X] For the shooting scene, you have to watch the entire video, and not just gifs.
It's even better because of the atmosphere and directing.

[X] I can't leave the shooting scene.
I can totally make it through this week with this alone.

[X] Even when the situation was dire, SeungTak
were talking about weak fist and nuclear fist - it was so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ BFF chemistry ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Seunghyun using the banana milk as an excuse to check up on Eungang ㅋㅋㅋ
Ah, it's sooooooooo childish, but that just makes it that much cuter ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. It's crazy childish, but so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It was so ridiculous that I was laughing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I like that kind of playful acting for the real Seunghyun.
He's especially good when he's with Tak and Eungang.

1. He was really good at the arcade too ㅋㅋㅋ
2. It makes it feel like Seunghyun would really exist in real life.
3. Their chemistry is good. I like it when SeungTak and SeungGang are together.

[X] Of the Roommates, Tak is the best at dating.
With him remembering the strawberry thing, it was already game over.

[X] Before Seunghyun called about the banana milk,
he was throwing bait by asking Daeil if he could drink it. And when he got his 'Why are you asking me' reply, he says that he'll have to call her to ask then - it was so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Daeil was an unintentional stepping stone ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1. It was so cute how he asked if real bananas were added ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. He really is a stepping stone ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Seunghyun was so cute at the convenience store.
When Eungang said that she can't say much to some that she likes,
he gets upset because she talks to him no problem ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] The heart CG in the shooting range suits the drama so well.
It could have been childish,
but since it matches our drama so perfectly,
it actually made it more heart-fluttering.

[X] Seunghyun really doesn't stand any injustice, but he's also loyal and knows how to wait.
And he's really tight-lipped too. Ah, I'm falling for you, Seunghyun-ah...

1. He's totally my ideal type. And he's even cute too ㅠㅠㅠ

[X] I was touched by Seunghyun's note too.
I thought it'd be asking for help,
but it was him offering his help ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
So cool.

[X] I've been enjoying watching since Ep 1 without any complaints about Kang Daniel's acting, and am satisfied that he keeps on improving more and more.
I remember him as the Power Idol Kang Daniel on stage, so considering that I just only see him as the character Wi Seunghyun without any overlap between the two, speaking as a drama fan, I'm really satisfied. In my standards, his acting doesn't take me out of the drama, and I have no complaints. Of course if I were to analyze every little thing, it's not that there isn't any area that he could do better in, but for a debut drama, I think he's doing more than well enough with the level acting that can be shown in a youth drama. I consider things like deep emotional acting as something you need to gain experience in order to become good at, so seeing as how he keeps on consistently getting with every episode, I think that that alone is enough.

[X] In the parts where the drama is telling me to feel heart-fluttery, my heart really does flutter in every single one of them.
In the scenes where it's trying to be cool, I really do think it's super cool, and am all impressed as I watch.
No, but how should I describe it.
It's like I eat up everything they feed me ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] In the shooting scene, Seunghyun's low voice is totally ASMR material..
I feel like if I were to listen to that on repeat for an hour, I'd have an amazing night of sleep. Then I'll dream of getting hit by a bullet and wake up.

[X] "The better looking of the two"
Her bias is showing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I tried thinking about the reason why watching Kang Daniel's acting is pleasant to watch.
He's quite subtle and loose. Honestly, this isn't easy to. If you put too much force into your gaze or voice, it can get uncomfortable to watch, but he isn't like that.
Since you can see his acting get better and better with very episode, I'm looking forward to next week's Ep 7&8 too.

1. I like that he just seems like Wi Seunghyun.
5. He's doing a good job with his Wi Seunghyun character. I've warmed up to him as I watched.
7. He's not stiff.
9. Seeing that he's heart-fluttering, he's doing a good job ㅜㅜㅜ I've Wi-warmed up.

[X] I love the SeungTak arcade scene so much, it's going to be my crying trigger later on.
I'm certain that the future me will cry when I watch this scene again.

[X] He left behind a photo and gained a new nickname.
Wi-Getty (T/N: from Getty Images)
 
6. It's even more funny because Seunghyun was feeling all heart-fluttery when he took that photo ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I just watched it all, and I want to watch it all again right away.
How can time just fly by so fast like this?
There's a lot that happens, but by the ending, I forget it all.
I think I have to watch again.
I love how this drama has such a refreshing pacing.

[X] Our drama has a lot of cliches, but it's not cliche.
Seeing things like the previews, it makes me think, 'Ah, it's going to be this kind of trope',
but it always gets twisted into something else.
And that's why it's so fun,

4. It's so much fun how it takes common tropes and makes them uncommon.
7. My totally muggle friend said the same thing.

[X] If the tofu was given by Daeil, would they have eaten it?
Eat vs Throw.

1. It be a relief if it didn't get thrown in his face.
5. It'd probably get shoved into Daeil's mouth.

[X] When he told her to close her eye...
Why did he close his eye too? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1. But he's good at closing his eye.
3. I closed my eye too.
6. Why did I close mine?
12. So I'm not the only one that followed along ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] "Close your left eye. Using your right eye ... Stop your breathing."
I watched the shooting scene again, and my ears feel like they're going to melt.
I love his voice so much.

3. The preview really was nothing..........
6. Uah, my heart is still fluttering now.
8. They must have shown it in the preview so that we wouldn't be too surprised ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I love the lovelines too, but SeungTak 's relationship is crazy.
I really love the buildup of their friendship,
and the actors were casted so well to fit with the characters' personalities.
They are just Seunghyun and Tak.

[X] I like comedic acting, so I love Daeil.
To me, he's perfectly funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's really good at acting

[X] Juyoung is as brave, righteous and impressive as Eungang.
Her personality is so friendly, and she's mature to that point that she mastered all 19+ things by age 9 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
She's totally loyal, and takes care of her friends well. And she's warmhearted to the point of feeling empathetic towards Hanna.
How long has she known Seunghyun and Tak for her to go, 'How could you not trust your friend', and smack Daeil's back.
She's sweet and kind.
Juyoung is pretty, cute and cool, all in one.

[X] The fact that Kang Daniel is making me feel all tingly in the scenes that are suppose to be heart-fluttering, I'm satisfied with his acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
It's like he has some sort of ability to give people the tingles. He's quite subtle but he sucks you right in without being all exaggerated.
To me, he's doing a great job in the scenes where he needs to be heart-fluttering. The entire convenience scene was great, and in the shooting scene, I thought I was going to melt from his voice ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
And... at the ending when Eungang turned around, his eye movements that followed along with her expressions and eyes, as well as his facial expressions as he was gulping from nervousness - watching that, I was so immersed that I almost smacked my nose onto my screen.
So, when is next week going to get here?

[X] I liked this too: In the orphanage, Seunghyun didn't carry the things for Eungang.
Well, it's not heavy things or anything, but usually the ML will take it to carry, even when the FL says it's fine.
I kind of hate that.
But for Seunghyun, he'll definitely help if he gets asked, but it's like he maintains proper boundaries even as he gives his help. I love Seunghyun.

1. Me too, I liked that part as well. What's great about this drama is that, even when it seems like it's going down a typical path, it doesn't.
4. Yeah, Seunghyun is always considerate in a way that's for the other person, and not just in his perspective.

[X] As he looks into Eungang's eyes, then at her lips and then back into her eyes, his gaze looks like he's trying to ask, 'Would it be ok if I did this?' - Every time I see this, my heart flutters like crazy.
Let's watch together.

1. It's ok, I said that it's ok!
2. He did really well with his eye acting there. It's so heart-fluttering ㅠㅠ
3. I can totally understand Eungang closing her eyes because of that.
19. Seunghyun's face is so sweetly innocent, that it makes the scene even more pretty and soft. Even him gulping twice is heart-fluttering.

[X] "Close your left eye" - The more I think about it, the more his voice here did everything.
I'm really good at imitating Doraemon, so I tried to do that line in the voice just now. I laughed so hard by myself that I've only just now barely regained composure.
I'm so thankful that Wi Seunghyun's voice is so good, seriously...