Saturday, February 19, 2022

[theqoo KDrama] Rookie Cops Ep 7&8


(T/N: I feel a need to clarify that the English subs for the kiss scene are off. Seunghyun does NOT say, "I know you like someone else". What he actually said was, "Even if you were to say you like someone else".  
Moreover, my interpretation of the scene is that the voiceover happened first, so it went: "I think I like yo-" -> puts hand up -> "Let me say it first. Even if you were to say you like someone else, I still like you." "But the one I like is you." -> then kiss. 
I think it was put as a voiceover to make the scene less dialogue heavy, and make it more light and dreamy.)

Maybe I'll stop putting the spoiler warning from now on out, it should be expected, right?

[X] I knew the director wouldn't disappoint me, but what's up with Kang Daniel and Chae Soobin's acting ㅋㅋㅋ
The two of them look so good together, and their acting synergy matches so well too.
I'm dying ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] With the end of Ep 8, also goes all my memories of it.
I'll have to watch it again ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Wow, it was definitely deep, but also sweet, so it makes it more crazy - you know?
Even I could feel how much the two of them truly like each other, so it gave me flutters. It's sweet but passionate, so it's driving me even crazier ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
And Wi Seunghyun is a man.

[X] I'm screwed, I think I'm going to fall for Kang Daniel..
For a drama fan like me that was planning for a light watch with a youth romcom, this wasn't a part of the plan.
I'm getting a very strong feeling that I've opened the gates to a new obsession.
Kang Daniel's been getting better and better at acting, and now he's just Wi Seunghyun to me. His facial expressions, how he uses his body, his face, his physique and even his pupils - it's all good.

[X] Can I look forward to Kang Daniel's next project?
Aah, Kang Daniel, do another drama!

2. He was crazy heart-fluttering today ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
4. Do a romance. What are you doing not making use of that melo gaze!
5. He has to do another romcom, seriously.
11. With that gaze and facial expression, he needs to be punished if he doesn't do a romcom ㅠㅜㅜㅜㅜ
12. Do another youth drama.

[X] Kang Daniel, let's release songs, but also keep on acting.
To me, he has more than enough potential, and keeps on doing better.
Wow, I'm going crazy because my heart is fluttering so much ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] It's not as easy to do heart-fluttering acting well as you'd think. Kang Daniel is doing a good job.
I've already felt that he's been doing better and better as the episodes progress, but seeing how he's nailing all the scenes where he needs to be heart-fluttering, I thought that he's got it. Watching this weeks episodes today though, he really has a knack for it.
He did well, he's doing well, and I think he'll do well in the future too.

3. His gaze acting has been good throughout, but today in the phone booth, that... was really good.

[X] Starting from last week, I was thinking that Kang Daniel had melo eyes ㅋㅋ
Watching today's phone booth scene, I was like "Woow~!!", he did a really goo job.
As a drama fan, to meet this kind of rookie actor in this kind of drama, I'm happy ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] The kiss didn't happen in the shooting range but
I loved how Seunghyun was thinking about it almost happening and smiling like crazy as he ran. It was so cute, and he's so fast ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] As a melo-romcom drama lover, I think Kang Daniel needs to do at least one or two more dramas in this genre.
He's definitely shown way more than enough potential.
Firstly, he has a good physique, and more than anything else, he's got the melo eyes down perfectly.
And he's doing quite well at acting, and getting better so quickly.
Let's do more acting.

[X] I'm once again realizing that romcom MLs have to be completely uncalculating.
As expected, the way to be for a ML is going straight forward to the FL.

[X] Ah, I'm getting confused. Am I falling for Wi Seunghyun, or for Kang Daniel ㅋㅋㅋ
I definitely like the character Wi Seunghyun, but what's making him so great is Kang Daniel. And what's up with his gaze, seriously??? It's so heart-fluttering ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
When he was riding that bike, his face was definitely so baby, but in the phone booth, he was suddenly a wolf. Wow, it killed me???
And I knew he had a good physique, but you can see it even better in the police uniform.
When he kissed her, his jawline and gaze sparkled. I'm going to watch it just exactly 20 more times.

1. This is me ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'm losing my mind right now.
3. For me, I'm going to finish watching the drama first and then think about it ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] In the scene where Uhm Hyuk sunbae spoke to Hanna, I almost cried along with her.
He was good there...

[X] Uhm Hyuk sunbae gave such cool words to Hanna, and then did the talent show.
He's someone that gives it his all in what he doesㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Starting from today, I've completely embraced Uhm Hyuk sunbae.
He's the kind of sunbae that's the most dependable when you go out to society.

[X] Kang Daniel accepted this drama after only reading the script of the first four episodes, thinking it'd be a youth investigation drama.
Whoever only showed him up to Ep 4, did a great job. If he didn't do this drama, it would have been such a shame.

[X] When I was watching Ep 7, I remembering think it was so much fun and to watch it all again after Ep 9,
but all I'm doing right now is rewatching the end of Ep 8 like crazy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I'm going to be watching this the entire week ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Seunghyun is cool.
"He's my friend. I'll take care of myself"
SeungTak Forever!

[X] Seeing Hanna choke up, it made me think: That's right, Hanna too is just a young 20 year old.
Lets do well in the future, Hanna-ya ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
Now the 8 Puppies are complete.

[X] Why are SeungTak so weak to Bumju ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
They go kicking a fuss to Daeil, but once Bumju says that he wants to do it, they immediately say ok ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] During the ending, I was thinking that Eungang's hands are really pretty,
but watching it again, it was Seunghyun's hand.
His hands are so pretty.

[X] As a drama fan, of all the kiss scenes I've seen recently, this was the most sweet and heart-fluttering.
The atmosphere did its part and the character's buildup did its part too, but honestly, Kang Daniel's gaze and expression/face played a huge part.
I'm going to watch this until I get sick of it.

1. The director shot it well.
2. It was sweet but heart-fluttering. The directing was crazy, and the actors did well too.
4. The two of them have built up such a sweet connection up to this point that it made it so heart-fluttering.
11. I'm seriously rewatching a kiss scene this much for the first time in so many years. I loved it.

[X] Chae Soobin is seriously so pretty with her short hair.
I looking at the stills, and they're all pretty ㅠ

[X] When Eungang got hurt and Seunghyun didn't just run up to save her, I thought, 'As expected of our drama'.
Usually, when the FL gets injured or falls behind,
there's the cliche where the ML goes running to find her and carry her away.
But for our drama, it uses this situation to build up the friendship between two female characters.
It had Eungang's tenacity, Hanna's soft-hearted side, and Uhm Hyuk's acknowledgement.
I loved how it showed Hanna becoming one of our puppies.

[X] Since Seunghyun head up when Eungang wasn't showing up, I thought he was obviously going to carry her back ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
But he stopped and just cheered for her along with the others ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. Me too. I liked that Eungang and Hanna came back together.
5. That's why I liked it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They finished all on their own.
6. Me too. But I actually liked it more because he didn't carry her.

[X] Uhm Hyuk ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
"Kim Tak, you'll be in charge of him" ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1. I thought he was going to say, "I'll be in charge of him" ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] But isn't Seunghyun being super obvious that he likes Eungang?
The entire school would all know though? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1. Daeil wouldn't know.
2. Everyone but Daeil and Juyoung would know ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Daeil got in a tussle trying to put the ring on Tak's finger, but Seunghyun was telling Bumju to eat.
Ah, I love these kind of little cuts ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
'Don't mind them, just eat' ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] Seunghyun gaze is really something, but isn't his voice so good too?
I love it, it's heart-fluttering.

2. His voice is really warm.
4. It's a low, sweet voice.
7. His voice is really charming.

[X] I really love how Eungang and Hanna resolved things by themselves and not through others.
I was wondering if they'd get closer to each other slowly through someone else, but it's great that they were able to talk through it between just the two of them.

[X] Doldolie were kissing.
They were kissing really intently, but they just left their hands where they were when they started and didn't move them - why's this so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah, I love it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. Even the small details are great. They really relayed the sweet flutters of a first kiss.
3. It's their first kiss, they wouldn't have the presence of mind to think about their hands ㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I knew that I'd like SeungTak's basketball scene, but I really loved it.
They're both so loveable, seriously.

2. You two, be friends forever.
10. They were so cute. Just exactly like guys their age ㅋ

[X] Ari was cute being all jealous ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
She took all his ice cream and drinks ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1. So cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋ And Tak is cute to for not knowing when she's that obvious.
3. Tak is quick on the uptake about others though ㅋㅋ

[X] What's Kang Daniel doing not picking a next project.
Do another one, no two, romcoms.

2. He seriously needs to do a romcom for his next drama. I'm waiting for it, Kang Daniel.
7. Kang Daniel is really doing heart-fluttering well.
8. He has to do a romcom, he has to.
13. Guys, he'll release an album first ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
21. I honestly wanted an intense noir, but I've changed my mind... A romcom please.

[X] Was the person dancing on stage Wi Seunghyun? Or Kang Daniel?
Are you dumb?
You can't even tell the difference between Wi Seunghyun and Kang Daniel?

It's because it's confusing, that's why I'm asking.
Then find someone that doesn't make you confused.

I want both of them.

[X] I've unknowingly watched a lot of Chae Soobin's dramas and movies.
But she's the most pretty, cute and charming here. She suits her hair so well, and is doing a great job with her character too. So loveable.
She made a great decision doing this drama.

[X] I haven't shed any tears watching our drama.
But at the end when Hyuk Sunbae praised Hanna for doing a good job, I just cried ㅠㅠㅠ
She's all alone in a school with no one on her side, and with her receiving everyone's hatred, she bared through it all by building walls and thorns around her.
But when she settle things with Eungang and got praised by Hyuk Sunbae, it's like everything that she forced herself to bare with, came crumbling down.
It made me cry ㅠㅠㅠ
It'd still be awkward for her at this point, but I hope she opens up to her classmates now and enjoys her university life ㅠㅠㅠ

[X] All the things Seunghyun said to/about Eungang, it seems like they'll all become words said for him later on.
"See it through to the end with me" and
"Eungang doesn't give up on people."
Later on, when Seunghyun is having a hard time, Eungang will help him through it like this.

[X] I'm not normally the type to obsess over a kiss scene.
If anything, I don't really care for them, but why have I gone so crazy today? So kiss scenes are suppose to be this heart-fluttering ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[X] What I liked about Eungang's apple splitting scene.
Usually, the cliche is that the FL struggles and is unable to do it, so the ML smirks, takes it and easily splits it himself, so the FL goes all ❤️
But our drama, doesn't do that. The FL actually splits it and gives some to the ML ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[X] I'm a fan of the real Seunghyun, and during breakfast, my Unnie asked, "There was a kiss scene, are you ok?" ㅋㅋㅋ
My eyes feel like they're going to fall out because I've watched and rewatched that scene so many times though ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Did you say that to her?
3. ☞1 I said, "I didn't get any sleep from rewatching that scene so much though?" ㅋㅋ

[X] I love our drama's ML so much.
Other than the people who aren't watching, don't we all feel the same? ㅋㅋㅋ
I really love Wi Seunghyun so much.

1. He's so, so perfect. But it's not that his character is perfect, it's that everything that the character is and has, it's perfect for the 21 year old Wi Seunghyun.

[X] All the charms and image of Kang Daniel, it's a perfect fit for the Wi Seunghyun character.
When the characters were first introduced, I thought he'd be a typical uhm-chin-ah, golden spoon tsundere character. (T/N: Uhm-chin-ah is an abbreviation for the phrase 'Mom's friend's son'. The idea is that your mom keeps on comparing you to this friend's son who is supposedly perfect in every way.)
But actually, Wi Seunghyun is three-dimensional character. He's smart but clumsy; has a strong sense of justice but talks back ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
And I love how he's sweet but doesn't go overboard; is honest but not rude.
For this kind of character, the fact the it's combined with the charms and image that Kang Daniel possesses, creates a great synergy.

1. Yeah, for the character introductions, but thought he'd be a boring, straight-laced character, but he's not ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The character itself is charming, but Kang Daniel is doing a great job bringing those charms to life.

[X] I'm looking forward to Kang Daniel's next project because he has a good eye for scripts.
Of the countless scripts he received in all this time, he did a good job with picking one that suits him.
Of course, he only read it up to Ep 4 and thought that it's an investigation drama, and was flustered by all the romance scenes, but he did so well and now I'm obsessed with the drama ㅋㅋㅋ
I'm sure he'll do his music activities, but make sure to act too. I'm asking as a drama fan!!!

[X] The real Eungang is good at acting. After the shooting scene and drinking scene, she added a layer of extra flutters to her face and voice.
And before the race, when she spoke to Seunghyun as she bandaged her foot, it made me feel for her ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Why's she so loveable? Our real Eungang is an acting genius.

[X] In Ep 1, Seunghyun said that grabbing someone's wrist to pull them away is violence.
But when he said to talk before the kiss, it was the exact timing to pull her along ㅋㅋㅋ I thought that he'd grab her wrist when he found her, but it's so great how he didn't ㅋㅋ I love the manners and habits of the Seunghyun the writer-nim has drawn.