Saturday, August 8, 2020

[theqoo] Guys.. Kang Daniel is Amazing (I'm A Non-Fan)


Firstly, I'm a non-fan and not a Niel fan, but I majored in Dance.
I'm a dancer right now, and I teach in an academy and make choreography for singers too.
Since it's an area that I'm working in, I naturally watch practically all idol dance practice videos and full fancams, and it's the first time I've gotten goosebumps in a while so I'll just ramble here for a little bit.

Firstly, what I watched was the full fancam and dance practice.
From what I've seen, Kang Daniel's dance lines are really the top in terms of how clean they are.
Maybe it's because he's done b-boy and modern dance, but his dancing isn't stiff but isn't loose either?? But this is something he really uses well - he seems to really know where in dance to tense and where to relax.

Moreover, if you look at this dance, there's quite a few instances where the upper and lower body has a different beat.. Like the legs are at a 4 beat while the arms are at a 3 beat?
But this is seriously really hard..
Just as a base level, you have to be good at multi-tasking, and you have to have a good sense of beat as well.
Maybe it's because Kang Daniel's dancing is so clean, but it doesn't even seem like the beat is different (I mean it in a good way). When the beat is different, the dance can look sloppy.

He seems to be doing a good job in highlighting the features of Kpop while mixing in several dance genres.. 
If you watch him, whether he's lifting his leg or jumping, he has a lot of choreo where he uses his legs to control his movements, but if he were to just twitch something for even 0.1 second, the beat or balance of the overall dance will be disrupted. And since his choreo is packed so full, it'll hinder the next move too.
And like I mentioned above, with your upper and lower body going at different beats, if you want to make it a bit easier for yourself, you have to have both the state of consciousness and subconsciousness.. But since Kang Daniel has to sing and look at the camera and control his expressions too, he can't do it subconsciously.. 
But seeing as how he has the singing, dance and expressions all down, simply put, you can think of Kang Daniel as a genius who has the natural-born talent but who also works hard and enjoys himself.

Anyways.. If I were to talk about the strengths and problems (just kidding ㅎㅎ..) of his dancing, it's that his dance lines are so clean. But in other people eyes, he looks like he dances so easily ㅠㅠㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He keeps on beat well, all his movements and details are so clean, and he even makes good expressions, so if you just sit and watch him, he makes it look so easy. He even does a dance as intense as this with such ease.. Not many people have this kind of clean dance lines..~~

You guys, it's ok for you to be super proud ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ  You really need to praise him a lot. It shows that he practiced a lot with his dancers.. You guys should go around with a lot of pride!! Sorry for writing so much ㅋ I can't help it - it's in my job...

(T/N I know nothing about dance, so I apologize if I mess up any dance terms....)


1. Wow, thanks so much 💖💖💖 I had fun reading your post.

2. I'm so touched by the post ㅜㅜ Thanks, OP. Since a professional said it, my pride has shot way up, and I'm going to praise Nyelie even more ㅠㅠ Thank you so much 💕 OP, be happy! Thanks!

4. Thanks for writing such a long post. I don't know anything about dance, but because Daniel's dancing is so clean and good, I took interest and became a fan ㅋㅋㅋ But his limbs are long and his physique is good too, so it makes his dancing look even better.

8. Ah, I really wanted to read reviews like this by a professional. I know that he's doing well, but I wanted to know how well he's doing in a detailed manner ㅠㅠ Thanks OP, have a good day!

11. Welcome and thanks ㅋㅋㅋ In a dancer's reaction video of the dance practice, he was really impressed throughout watching too ㅋㅋ I had fun reading, thanks 💓

17. Wow, I'm touched. I know nothing about dance, so I couldn't say anything beyond 'he dances well' or 'his dance lines are pretty'. OP, thanks so much 💓💗💖

18. OP, thanks for the touching post. I normally praise him a lot anyways, but seeing praises from a professional, it makes me so happy 💕💕💕